10 effectual exercises that help you burn more calories
Most of the people are huge fans of running as it allows you to get an endurance-boosting and stress-reducing workout with just an open road with a comfortable pair of shoes. Of course, running is one of the exercises that help you burn more calories and the rough estimate of an average guy’s marathon pace at a 10 minute per mile is about to fry 10 calories a minute. That’s only a solid number, but you can even burn more calories if you run faster. Running may not be the favorite activity of most people so there are many other modes of exercise that allow you to burn calories at a lightning fast rate. Other exercises that help you burn more calories than running includes cardio exercises whose details are given below. Without ever having to hit the pavement, these cardio exercises help you to incinerate calories.
- KettleBell Swing Exercise: According to the latest research from the University of Wisconsin, this explosive exercise works the powerful and big muscles around your quads and glutes and then sends your heart into overdrive. Those who did KettleBell swing exercise can easily burn around 20.2 calories in a minute and for the course of 20-minute workout their average heart rate about 93 percent of its max. Dan John, the author of Intervention and a strength coach in Salt Lake City says about the KettleBell swing is that “the KettleBell swing exercise is not only a movement you are used to, it works you so hard and which taxes your body, you are super efficient at it”.
- Indoor Rowing Cardio Exercise: Here is another effective exercises that help you burn more calories than running. During the 30 minutes of vigorous rowing, a guy with 185 pounds can burn 377 calories or about 12.5 calories in a minute, according to the reports of Harvard University study. In this indoor rowing cardio exercise you need to utilize the muscles in your legs, back and arms for efficient strokes. This exercise is a great total-body trainer and allows to burn excess calories.
- Burpee’s cardio exercise: According to the Spartan and exercise scientist Coach Jeff Godin, a person with 180-pound can burn about 1.43 calories per Burpee. Burpee is very effective exercise and it also allows a lot of strengths to do it. So, you are in double digits if you can hammer out at least seven Burpees in a minute. In order to get maximum effective results, you should shoot at least average 10 Burpee in every 60 seconds or even per minute rate of 14.3 calories. According to the latest study presented by the American College of Sports Medicine annual meeting, just performing the 10 reps of Burpees at a fast pace can allow you to rev your metabolism as much as a 30 second.
- Air dyne Bike Sprints: Here is another healthy and effective example of an exercise that allows to burn maximum calories, even more calories than running. It may sound downright crazy but according to the gym Jones manager Rob MacDonald, it is proven that Air Dyne Bike Sprints allow blasting 87 calories in just one minute that can also increase its resistance when you pedal harder. The key to doing it in a more effective way is in that 60 seconds, give everything that you have.
- Rope Jumping: Here is another best and simple example of exercises that help you burn more calories than running is to jump a rope. To jump a rope is easy and effective exercise as it allows more strength and stamina than running. According to the Compendium of Physical Activities, a moderate intensity to jump a rope is about 100 to 120 skips in a minute that allows burning about 13 calories in a minute. This mode of exercise requires more challenges of you coordination and balance as compared to jogging and it also uses more muscle groups while doing this exercise. Rope jumping may look easy to do, but it demands a lot of strength and stamina especially if you practice drills because drills can require extra foot and hand skills.
- Fat-Tire Biking: You should try this fast growing cycling sport if you haven’t tried this before. This exercises that help you burn more calories in a minimum amount of time. In an hour, it allows you to burn up to 1500 calories or nearly 25 calories in a minute by tackling all types of terrain and by pedaling the heavy and hard-to-turn heavy bikes, says a record holder for 1000 miles Iditasport Impossible, fat-tire biking race, Mike Curiak. The kind of calories you burn from fat-tire biking depends on your strength and fitness levels, even also on your skills.
- Cindy Cardio Exercise: Cindy is another effective type of exercises that help you burn more calories from your body and helps you to stay fit, and healthy. This Cindy cross fit workout of the day allows burning more calories than running. By doing this exercise, you can burn an average 13 calories in a minute. It is also effective in a way, as it contains a pair of three exercises that include 10 push-ups, 5 pull-ups, and 15 air squats. All these exercises work with different major muscle groups and require a lot of stamina and strength. For better and effective results, you can do as many rounds of Cindy as possible for you in 20 minutes. So, if you already are in a healthy and amazing condition, without stopping or slowing down to recover in between you can go all-out for each one.
- Cross-Country Skiing: at about same pace, as compared to running zipping along on skis delivers a better and effective heart-pounding workout, thanks to the fact that most of the sports requires you to pull with your upper and push with your lower. In fact, cross-country ski session is a sport but it allows you to burn more than 1 calorie per minute.
- Tabata Jump Squats: This is a four-minute miracle exercise that burn major of your calories both during the workout and even after the workout. Those who did 20 seconds of hard work, eight rounds of all-out jump squats and separated only by 10 seconds of rest can burn up to 13.4 calories in a minute and for at least 30 minutes it can be doubled their post-exercise metabolic rate. This is an effective and unbelievable four-minute cardio exercises that help you burn more calories than running.
- Battling ropes workout: battling ropes may seem easy to you, but it require a lot of stamina and strength as it work with major groups of muscle. Doing battling ropes, one can burn 13.4 an average calorie in a minute.
These were some of the exercises that help you burn more calories; these have been suggested by some of the expert body builders who are keen to help the newcomers. Trying them will not only help you reduce your extra fats from your body but will also help you get your ideal physique.