Most Popular Muscle Building Supplements
You can simply add muscles by weight lifting and eating right, without any doubt. But the supplements are required in order to truly maximize the growth and potential of your body. Hence, we have compiled a rundown of best and most popular muscle building supplements on which to spend your hard-earned cash. The list of best known and most popular muscle building supplements are given below:
- Whey Protein Powder for Muscle Growth: Whey Protein is one of the best-known muscle building supplements as for pushing the protein synthesis is the most crucial. Whey contains a high level of branched chain amino acids as it is a milk protein. As whey digests fast and gets to your muscle rapidly to begin the muscle building so that’s why it takes the crown. It also contains small proteins called peptides that help to increase the flow of blood in the muscles. It is beneficial to consume whey protein right after the training.
How to get benefits from its effects: In the 30 minutes before working out take 20 grams of whey protein powder and within the 60 minutes after training take almost 40 grams of whey protein. In order to kick start your muscle growth, take 20 to 40 grams of whey protein powder immediately upon waking every morning. Whey powder that contains protein synthesis is your best bet to choose or whey protein is isolated.
- Casein Protein Powder for muscle building: Casein is another popular and best known muscle building supplement as due to its very slow digestion rate it has always played a second fiddle. Because it prevents catabolism so this makes it ideal as a pre-bedtime snack while you sleep by emptying slowly and steadily. It is also one of the great snacks for those who want to pack on muscle mass as Casein makes you feel less full. It is most of the time suggested that a Casein or Whey shake immediately taken after training helps to increase the growth of muscles better than either protein shake alone.
Benefits of Casein: Always prefer the Casein protein that contains the slowest digesting Casein, micellar Casein and right before going to bed take 20 to 40 grams of it. Right after the workout, in your whey protein add 10 to 20 grams of Casein. You can also add 20 to 40 grams of Casein in your protein shakes between meals.
- Creatine Supplement: Creatine, a most popular muscle building supplement made from three amino acids which are glycine, arginine, and methionine. A scientific study shows that those guys who take Creatine can gain body weight up to 10 pounds or more and it also dramatically increases their strength. Creatine can work in a number of beneficial ways like it is only that increases the amount of fast energy in your muscles and helps you to perform reps in the gym. This muscle building supplement also allows you to do more reps with a given weight by allowing you to get stronger and bigger in the long run. In your muscle cells, Creatine also draws more water and placing a stretch on the cell that helps you to increase the growth of long-term. Like a growth factor-1 (IGF – 1) in muscles, Creatine has found to increase the levels of insulin, which for the stimulating growth is very critical.
Positive Effects of Creatine: Immediately before workout, take 2 to 5 grams of Creatine in the form of Creatine Malate, Creatine monohydrate, Creatine alpha-ketoglutarate or Creatine Ethyl Ester with your protein shake. Apart from muscle building, it will help to keep your muscles saturated and producing more energy which is needed to perform more reps. with your post-workout protein shake, consume another 2 to 5 grams of Creatine. Take 2 to 5 grams of Creatine also with a breakfast that contain carbohydrates, on those days when you don’t train.
- BCAAS – Branched-Chain Amino Acids: Branched-Chain Amino Acids are great muscle building supplements especially for building and repairing the muscle tissues. This term Branched-Chain Amino Acids also refers to isoleucine, Leucine and Valine which are one of the most important amino acids. A research shows that Leucine is the most critical amino acid among all as it can muscle protein synthesis on its own. It better to take all three amino acids as work in synergy to provide you a multitude of benefits like increased energy during the workouts, growth of muscles, the blunting growth of Cortisol and decreased delayed-onset muscle soreness.
How to maximize its Benefits: With your breakfast, take 5 to 10 grams of Branches-Chain Amino Acids, a muscle building supplement. Also take the same quantity in your post and pre workout protein shakes. Go for those Branched-Chain Amino Acids products that can provide a ratio of 2:1 Leucine per dose of Valine and Isoleucine. The best example to understand this is, if you take a 5 gram of this supplement, and then take 2.5 grams from Leucine, 1.25 grams from Valine and grams from Isoleucine.
- Beta-Alanine or Carnosine: Here is another example of the best known muscle building supplement named as Beta-Alanine or Carnosine. The amino acid beta-Alanine is always combined with other amino, histidine to form Carnosine in the body. According to the research, our muscles have more endurance and strength when they have higher levels of Carnosine. Carnosine has the ability to increase the muscle fibers which can further contract with more force and without fatiguing to do so longer. Some studies also show that Beta-Alanine can increase the muscle power and strength also. One recent study shows that, those who take Beta-Alanine or Carnosine along with Creatine can lose more body fat and gain more muscles as compare to those who take Beta-Alanine alone.
Positive Effects of Beta-Alanine: Immediately before and after workout, take 1 to 2 grams of Beta-Alanine or Carnosine in addition to your Creatine and shakes. With your breakfast, take 2 grams of Beta-Alanine along with Creatine on your non-workout days.
I’m Terry Love, and I’ve spent over 3,000 hours researching legal steroids for bodybuilding. I’m also been dedicated for the last 8 years to educating people about their effects, with hundreds of thousands of people reading my articles. When it comes to bodybuilding, I know what I’m talking about. And because I want to help as many people as possible reach their fitness goals, I’m always happy to share my knowledge with others.